Not only is it Doraemon‘s favorite snack, but also ours! Dorayaki for breakfast, as a snack or as dessert. Fill it with your favourite ingredients. Be creative! With anko, chocolate, banana, strawberries,… We‘re absolutely crazy about it!
- 80gr silken (soft) tofu 絹豆腐 80gr
- ¾ cup soy milk (or any plant-based milk) 豆乳 カップ¾
- 100gr flour 小麦粉 100gr
- 1 tsp baking powder ベーキングパウダー 小さじ１
- 30gr sugar 砂糖 30gr
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup メープルシロップ 大さじ２
- 2 tsp mirin (optional) みりん 小さじ２
For the filling:
- anko (sweet red bean paste) あんこ
- chocolate cream チョコレート
- fruits フルーツ
- anything you like
- Blend the tofu and the milk.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat an oily pan and pour a big spoon of the batter. Depending on the size of the pan, you can make more than one “pancake” at the same time. Tip: pour the batter at a distance of a palm from the pan and you’ll get a nice round shape. Cook, on medium heat, for about 1.30 minutes, or until you can see bubbles in all the “pancake”. Flip and cook for 1.30 minutes more.
- Pair the “pancakes” by size and fill them with anything you like. The traditional filling is anko but chocolate and fruits are a great alternative.
Enjoy it and also check out our other recipes on our blog.