皆さん、こんにちは! PekopekoVegan is a recipe channel born in Japan, so a lot of dishes are going to be inspired by, or will use, Japanese ingredients. Although you can expect to also find European dishes as Watermelon Gazpacho, Italian Ragu or Pyzy from Poland.
My goal, to share recipes and enjoy creating and eating vegan food together. So, all feedback is welcome. Don’t hesitate to ask and share your recipes and opinions (always with respect and a big smile).
So, here we go! Our first recipe for VRIENDLY’s BLOG!
PURPLE RICE RECIPE:
I called this dish “PURPLE RICE” because of the colour, then I found out that there is a Korean dish with that name. I’m sorry if you were looking for the traditional recipe. This is just one of my easy vegan recipes but I can promise that it is really tasty! So, give it a try.
- cooked rice
- ½ onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pepper (red, green, yellow…)
- 1 cup red cabbage
- ½ small lemon juice
- ⅓ cup mirin, or white wine
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- salt, black pepper and chilli powder to taste
- olive oil
- Chop the vegetables into small squares. Crush the peanuts.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the garlic, onion and pepper. Cook on low-medium heat for 4 minutes. Add the cabbage, and salt and black pepper to taste. Mix and add the mirin. Let it cook for 2 minutes. We want the veggies to be crunchy so avoid overcooking them.
- Add the rest of ingredients, except the lemon juice and mix. Sauté for 3 minutes to combine the flavours. Add lemon juice. Finished!
Tip: lately I’ve been adding the species at the beginning, right after adding oil to the pan, to allow them to get cooked with the oil and release all the flavour.