JAPANESE POTATO SALAD
Summer in Japan, I’m melting like an ice-cream! Lately, salads and cold dishes are on everydays menu (for some reason I’m also craving for spicy food :p). What type of food are you craving this summer?
Today I’ll be sharing this super-easy-tasty Japanese potato salad, with homemade low-fat Japanese vegan mayo! and scrambled tofu. The secret ingredient: Black Salt 😉
- 2 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- splash of rice or apple cider vinegar
- shiso to garnish
- piece of firm tofu
- 1 tsp black salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Peel and cut the potatoes and carrots and boil until tender (around 15-20 minutes).
- Slice the cucumber thinly and add some salt. Massage to release the water from the cucumber. Squeeze.
- On a pan, add 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil and the scrambled tofu, 1 tsp turmeric, a pinch of black salt and a pinch of salt. Mix and stir for 1 minute.
- Mix all together in a bowl. Don’t worry if the potatoes get mashed. Add mayo, pepper and salt to taste.
- I like to top it with some shiso. Enjoy!
- 100gr Silken tofu
- 1 tsp lemon
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- Microwave the tofu, wrapped in 2 paper towels, for 1:30 minutes to remove the excess of water.
- Blend all together and let it rest in the fridge for 10 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this vegan Japanese Potato Salad as much as I do!